Code for Europe: a showcase of open source solutions to civic/city challenges
Tuesday 17 September, 11:30 – 13:15 @ Room 6, Floor 3
Hosts: city of Amsterdam, Economic Department
Code for Europe (CfE) is a prestigious Open Innovation EU project (2011-1014), a collaboration between 6 cities (Helsinki, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Manchester and Rome) to promote the city app development through commons and working with Change Agents fellows across Europe. Amsterdam (city of Amsterdam), ESADE Barcelona and the Waag are responsible to set up a sustainable organization like the CfE. In this way we promote Open Data use, transparency and we bring cutting edge technology and talent to city governance.
Core question – How to cause tech acceleration within cities? How to leverage on the power of commons /GitHub app building?
11:30 -12:15 – Showcasing what Code for Europe means in different cities and the results produces by our fellows
- Introduction: General Frame , Goals, Setting of CfE – City of Amsterdam (11.30-11.40)
- Quick demos of Apps (1 from each city, 6 pitches) (11.40-12.20)
- Reflection on the first Fellowship (from Cities about the implementation, working with pitches, city challenges) Anne – Claire Frank (12.20-12.30)
- Call for new fellows and cities (Suzanne WAAG) (12.30-12.40)
- CCity Innovation Models through Commons (how familiar are cities with this and how can we foster the growth of civic apps through Commons) (NESTA) (12.40-12.55)
- Make a better World through apps (Steffen Becker, Dotopen) (12.55-13.10)
- Conclusions (13.10-13.15)
12:15 – 13:15 – Panel Discussion – Reflecting on the future of Code for Europe as an organization through Europe
- Launch of Code for Europe : how can we enforce this movement in Europe? – WAAG
- City Innovation Models through Commons (how familiar are cities with this and how can we foster the growth of civic apps through Commons) With Civic Commons, Nesta, ESADE, and city representatives
The workshop space can accommodate up to 45 people. To sign-up, express your interest in the topic and get in touch with the coordinators please write to email@example.com.