You can download a PDF with all the practical information: Participants Checklist
Table of Contents
- FREE WIFI is available in the CICG for OKCon participants:
- Username: OKCON
- Password: OKCON2013
- Twitter-Lists are found here: https://twitter.com/OKCon/lists please ping us @OKCon to be added to one of these lists or to suggest another list.
- Our Flickr Pool is http://www.flickr.com/groups/okcon2013/ – please add and tag your photos.
- Use hashtag #OKCon on all social networks.
- All speeches will be in English, unless specified otherwise in the programme.
- Please make sure to carry your badge with you at all times as it is needed to enter the conference center and the satellite events venues.
- Coffee will be available throughout the day in the main networking area.
- For lunch, please ensure you have printed your tickets, if you have bought these in advance, otherwise you may purchase lunch from the onsite cafe and restaurant.
Centre International de Conférences Genève CICG
Rue de Varembé 15, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Conference Help desk
For all questions – including press enquiries – during the conference, please ask at the main information desk.
Hotels in Geneva will provide you with a free public transport pass (ask for a Geneva Transport Card when you check in). Trams, trains and buses are very reliable in Geneva. To find out how to get anywhere by public transport, you can visit the TPG website.
To travel around Switzerland by train (Lausanne, Zurich etc) check the Swiss Railways train schedules.
Please find information how to travel to all our venues here.
MONDAY OPENING PARTY – 20:00
On Monday evening, let’s meet at Mr. Pickwick’s pub and have drinks! The pub is only 10 minutes away from the CICG. Take the tram 15 at “Nations” or “Sismondi” (direction Palettes) and get off at “Butini”. (map here)
WEDNESDAY CLOSING PARTY – 21:00
On Wednesday evening, let’s meet at the Chat Noir in Carouge to dance and have drinks! Take the tram 15 at “Nations” or “Sismondi” (direction “Palettes”) and get off at “Plainpalais”, then take tram 12 (direction “Palettes”) and get off at “Marché”. (map here)
- Boat trip on Lake Geneva or a short 10 minute boat trip from one side of Geneva to the other
- Trip to Lausanne and the new Rolex Learning Center at the EPFL
- Climb the cathedral in Geneva’s old town to get a spectacular view of the city and lake
- Relax in the sauna or hammam and enjoy the lake at Bains des Paquis
- Buy some chocolate gifts from the Chocolatier Du Rhône, Rue de la Confédération 3, 1211 Genève – Tél 022 311 56 14
Other events in Geneva or around